Scabs

How's that for a blog post title?  With a title like that, you know there's going to be something entertainingly disgusting coming up.  I'll try not to disappoint.




I wanted some crusty, scabby texture in places where the zombie's skin is torn, and spent ages trying to figure out think what would be the best way to achieve that.  Then I remembered an old episode of The Simpsons: Lisa pranks Bart and Homer by pasting fake scabs on their skin while they're asleep, and when they wake up they think they've caught some horrible disease.  The fake scabs are made with oatmeal.  

It's very simple to do this.  I just glued oatmeal wherever I wanted a scab and moulded some ripped skin around the scab using paper.




I've painted the scabs with a mixture of black and red, plus a little bit of yellow and brown, and the same goes for the muscle in the zombie's neck.




After that, I started on the skin.  I covered the lot in blue-brown undercoat with a bit of black.  In Scandinavian traditions zombies are typically a blue-black colour, so Thorolf  here is getting a dark skin with plenty of blue tones.





Comments